JOB: Marketing Communications Assistant (Bowie, MD)
Marketing Communications Assistant
SemaConnect is a leading developer and producer of electric vehicle charging stations for the new generation of mass-market electric vehicles, such as the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf. We are focused on commercial and public-grade charging stations that include advanced technology features such as Smart Card access, remote electricity metering, automated billing/payment, web- based software and wireless data communications. Our target segments include commercial real estate, parking management, Fortune 500 corporations, hotels, fleet operators and federal, state and local governments.
Position Title: Marketing Assistant
Career Level: Contract (90 days) to Permanent
Location: Bowie, Maryland
Relocation Assistance: None
Compensation: $11.00 per hour + no benefits for 90 days. Your compensation is reviewed and revised after completing the 90 day contract.
SemaConnect is seeking a bright, energetic, self-starter for a Marketing Assistant position. This position works closely with the Marketing Manager in fulfilling national Marketing campaigns for our growing national Sales team. The successful candidate will be able to manage, multitask and excel on a broad range of duties that encompass Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising and sometimes Sales Support.
- · Schedule meetings, catering, travel and more for Marketing and Sales team
- · Maintain Marketing Library by organizing digital files, print materials, collateral, etc.
- · Support the development of a monthly E-Newsletter that includes content creation, photo collection, layout and design, goals for adding more/new subscribers through iContact
- · Monitor news and press hits on a daily basis through the use of CISION, Google Alerts, Google Search and any other means of finding coverage
- · Write and distribute press releases, articles, whitepapers, etc. for national, regional and web-ready use. Coordinate with PR contractor.
- · Create press and lead lists for all vertical marketing/sales channels nationwide utilizing databases and Salesforce.com
- · Represent SemaConnect at tradeshows, press events, ribbon cuttings, meetings and conferences
- · Assist and coordinate with a virtual team of designers from concept to design of all client facing materials including flyers, presentations, postcards, business cards, etc.
- · Coordinate with Webmaster to ensure that website is up to date on a consistent basis
- · Assist in national Marketing campaign tactics including e-mail marketing, direct mail, seminars, webinars, etc.
- · Update and maintain all social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia, YouTube, StumbleUpon and more
- · Any other task or assignment that forms part of the marketing efforts of the company that are directed toward customers, investors, employees and business associates
· Bachelors degree (Marketing, Business, Communications, or Public Relations preferred but not required)
· 1 or more years of related experience
· Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (preferred, but not a requirement)
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, well versed and professional
· Self-starter that is extremely detail-oriented, well organized and able to work professionally in a team environment
· Flexible team player who can function well in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
· Self-motivated individual who is confident, energetic, extroverted, personable and creative
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Subject: Marketing Assistant position (Bowie, MD)
Back to Blog